Nicks Chesapeake Crab Grilled CheeseChef Felicia C. Covel : Nicks Fish House
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In sauté pan on medium heat add 4 oz of melted butter and chopped thyme.
- Sauté for 1 minute then add crab meat, diced tomato, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and old bay seasoning.
- Toss in pan until crab meat is warm (about 2 minutes, try not to break up lumps) then remove from heat.
- On a large cookie sheet add 8oz of melted butter.
- Swirl slices of bread in butter to coat bread.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar cheese on each slice of bread covering corner to corner.
- Top four slices of bread with 4ounces of crab meat mixture.
- Place in oven until cheese is melted (about 3 minutes).
- Close sandwiches and place back in oven for additional 2 minutes until bread browns on top.
- Remove from oven and slice on a bias.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and thyme sprig.
Makes 4 sandwiches
1 Pound Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
2 T Fresh Thyme (chopped)
1 t Old Bay seasoning
1oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
8 slices Texas toast or Sandwich bread 12oz melted butter (unsalted)
1⁄2 cup diced tomato
4 sprigs of fresh thyme (for garnish) Pinch Salt and white pepper
4 lemon wedges
16 slices cheddar cheese